Sponsor: SaneboxWeb Site
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey
- How to manage time on social media with being a principal, doctoral student, etc. How to connect with others.
- It is about connections that is most beneficial.
- Connecting with Bill Ferriter and John Pederson
- It isn’t about the tech itself, it is about the real.
- Technology just helps you connect with others.
- What Curt is most proud of that is happening at his school right now.
- Remodeling his school thanks to a funding referendum his community.
- Student-produced newscast. (Led by Crystal Brunelle)
- His school’s Facebook page
- Going out in the school and snapping pictures.
- International Happy Day “Wouldn’t this be cool to do?” - said a teacher at his school.
- People make stuff up on the Internet
- Humility - Curt is constantly deferring praise to others and deflecting praise and comments to his staff and other people around him.
- Strengths-Based Leadership Great book!
- Great leaders need to be excellent listeners.
- How Curt grew to learn about himself. Evaluating others.
- Giving feedback that is based on what is seen in other classrooms, rather than, “When I was a teacher…”
- We have to notice others around us.
- Spend time to get to know people. Make sure you’re winning hearts and minds before you try to do anything.
- We aren’t a bunch of independent contractor.
- Techlandia podcast. And on Twitter - If you listen to this on Sunday, you’ll find something that you can put to use on Monday.
- How to be a Transformative Principal: Be well read.
- What motivates him: Nice notes from teachers, parents, students.
- “You are responsible for the energy you bring into this space.”
Shoutouts: Bill Ferriter Solution tree Crystal brunelle