Jerry Snow is a District Administrator and former high school and middle school principal. piedmont.k12.al.us contact information is there. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part of a 1:1 initiative over 9 years ago.
- Many awards and recognitions.
- Trying to show kids that even though they are a small system, they can still do great things.
- NGLC planning grant
- Mastery based learning.
- Sometimes in a class you can only go as fast as your lowest student.
- Worked with Education Elements.
- “Embolden Piedmont”
- NWEA MAP into digital platforms to create ILPs (individual learning plans).
- Fill in gaps to build on those skills, rather than adapt around them.
- You’re curating the knowledge rather than giving the students everything.
- The myth of average - there is no average. If you’re teaching to the average, you’re teaching to nobody.
- Where a teacher will fall back into the old groove.
- You need to be honest and up front with them.
- We modify every year.
- Can’t go in with an iron fist.
- We want to make things better for the kids.
- Troubleshoot to help them do better.
- It’s a lot of pride, even though it is harder and more tiring.
- Making sure the information is a high enough DOK level.
- Harder for everyone, teachers and students alike.
- Took stuff from everyone and make it our own.
Click here to try out my new chatbot
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Join my group coaching program
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey