Kelly Young is the Executive Director at Education Reimagined, where they seek to help educators create a learner-centered learning environment.
- Non profit in Washington, D.C. that figures out how we can accelerate the transition from school-centered to student-centered
- All kids and outcomes that are actually relevant.
- A whole new way of seeing education.
- Learning is a natural phenomenon.
- Unfurl students’ unique potential.
- Shifting from the transfer of knowledge to the investigation of unknown knowledge
- Einstein National Geographic.
- Asking teachers about passionate learning experiences that they had.
- Had people that cared about them and what they learned.
- Great learning experiences rarely happen in a classroom setting.
- Relevant to what kids need to learn.
- Why is it so hard for educators to let this go?
- It’s what we experienced and what we know.
- Maybe there is something wrong with me.
- When you’re really struggling with a student, ask what might I do differently and what role can the kids take in fixing the problem.
- It always feels risky to invite kids into the conversation.
- Iowa BIG - architecture project.
- He didn’t have the words to describe what he was missing.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey