In this episode I have the great opportunity to interview Melinda Miller (@mmiller7571). I have followed her for a long time on Twitter, and I loved the podcast she did with @ScottElias called Practical Principals. That great podcast partly inspired me to start this podcast. I still haven't found a podcast that talks about the real issues that are facing to
Our conversation covers these topics:
- Positive intentions - how she approaches teachers who need to be corrected.
- Turnover and how she gets great people to come to her school.
- Her quick-start personality and how she shares results of her evaluations with the teachers.
- Adaptive schools trainings were conducted at her school, and here is more information about it.
- How she uses Twitter for her own learning and how she teaches others, she is a Twitter grandmother according toSpike Cook.
- How she uses Pinterest to help her teachers.
- Using a Voxer group of principals to talk a little more privately about topics that are
- Jethro's Twitter failure when he was a teacher.
- What is one thing a principal can do to be a transformative principal like you are?
- What is something in her office that is meaningful to you?
She has a lot of great information on her blog. If you read blogs by principals and you aren't reading hers, you are missing out.
Have a Good Life.