Revolutions Start with Relationships with Darren Ellwein Transformative Principal 286
Social media: Tailor everything to the learner - via @dellwein
Darren Ellwein is my dessert bro and principal at the middle level in South Dakota!
- Revolution is about a group of people.
- From a staff culture standpoint: there was some kickback.
- It’s so much fun!
- Personalizing learning - what small steps do you need to take?
- Tailor everything to the learner.
- Mastery projects - success criteria
- You have to give up control.
- Relationships “it feels like my family.”
- Let the kids decide the norms.
- Waiting on content for 2-3 weeks.
- Done with our standards before we get to the standardized tests.
- Personalized Learning is not about sitting in front of a computer all day.
- Starts with a relationship, then goes on to flexible content.
- Those kids broke in adults every year!
- Hannah and Alex - there was a pace set for everyone, even though it didn’t match.
- She would tell you she wouldn’t go back to the way it was.
- How to be a transformative principal? Be your own person. Hold on to your beliefs. Have the mindset of serving kids.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey