Be the One with Ryan Sheehy Transformative Principal 233
Social media: Work doesn’t always have to be done in the traditional space.
Ryan Sheehy is an educator, speaker, author and Elementary Principal @HighlandsMDUSD, Professor at @stmarysca Lifelong Learner, Father, Husband, Author of Be The One For Kids.
- Following a principal that was not well received.
- Kids are running to us, not running away.
- I’m a culture guy, so I was excited for the opportunity.
- I look at everything as an opportunity.
- I’m a principal of action.
- Excited to build a culture around the idea of being in classrooms.
- There’s no reason for me to be stuck in my office.
- Work doesn’t always have to be done in the traditional space.
- Being in the classroom allows me to have those conversations.
- Locked down in meetings before and after school when teachers are available.
- Too often we think the problem is with the kids.
- Getting bogged down by teachers slow to change.
- Be the one for kids: Stories about Ryan’s educational experiences.
- Be the one who changes the dream. It’s ok to change the dream, but keep dreaming.
- How do you help kids understand that it is ok to have a different dream?
- Are your habits of today on par with your dreams of tomorrow?
- Kids can achieve anything. Set up your habits today to achieve your dream.
- It’s about the relationships.
- How to deal with so many different challenges that we face.
- The power of a strong PLN. We’re never standing stagnant. We want to always be improving.
- If education isn’t fun, who would want to be a teacher or a principal?
- How do you build powerful relationships?
- We talked about everything but school. Really getting to know each other.
- Taking the time to go off course.
- Put yourself in the problem areas so you can get to know the kids.
- You’ve got to take time to build relationships.
- How to be a transformative principal? Get yourself out there and sit down with each person on your campus and make sure they know you believe in them by trusting them and encouraging them!
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey