JT McCormick is the Co-Founder of Book in a Box. Email him
- JT’s interview on the 1 Thing podcast
- Scaled software company, now a president and CEO of a publishing company, BookinaBox.com
- No motivational story of someone who stood by him. Pushed through a bad educational system that did not meet his needs.
- What I quickly learned…There is no geometry on a deposit slip.
- Mindset, choices, and hard work = success for me.
- Get up at 4 am.
- If there’s anything I don’t like in life, it’s up to me to change it.
- Where did these ideas come from?
- What would you tell a 10 year old JT?
- It’s not always what you tell a kid, but more what you show them.
- 3 of the greatest moments - marriage, birth of children, mentor at-risk youth.
- First time they got to see an office building.
- Connecting with kids - What’s wrong with this picture? And this?
- Shake hands with a firm handshake - when do we teach them this?
- Manners, a firm handshake, and other small things have served me very well in life.
- How is there not a life essentials class?
- Every school a subscription the Forbes 400.
- 3 avenues out of poverty: 1. Athlete 2. Rapper 3. Drug Dealer
- Nobody told me the fourth option: entrepreneur.
- If you are going to think, dream, or set goals
- Money does not bring happiness.
- Many children just don’t understand the ways of the world.
- If you lost it all, what would you do?
- Put in the time, put in the hard work now.
- Have your own personal excellence every single day.
- Show them examples of people who have accomplished great things.
- Show little girls female executives.
- Bring the examples in to the schools.
- I have built a career off of asking questions.
- There are no dumb questions!
- No means not right now.
- How to be a transformative principal? Show kids.
- Routine is what breeds success
- I Got There - Book
- You can’t change the past, but you can change the future
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey