Claude Charron is a Teacher in Miami Florida and director of STEM program in Gulliver Florida. Claude@conradawards.org
- Empowering students to make change
- Sports has it right in being able to expose kids at a young age to become an athlete.
- Things that will not work.
- Keeping kids safe doesn’t inspire.
- Kids have to choose something they are interested in.
- Empathy is vital.
- When students are inspired by seeing someone challenged by something, they have a purpose for working hard.
- Designing something that matters is what inspires kids.
- How designing something that matters inspires kids.
- Getting kids to agree on something is an art.
- How do you get kids to engage and go down the path where they want to design something that matters.
- You do learn things through projects.
- Design process since 1997!
- What is the art?
- We don’t have to reinvent the wheel. How do you go from an idea to a working prototype?
- Google Sprint method. Book
- Modules that would help teachers.
- How to select a challenge.
- Visualize everything on a board.
- No Box Toolbox -
- Collaborate with someone visually.
- It’s our responsibility to engage kids
- If kids aren’t engaged it’s a personal failure on me as the teacher
- Shows that kids can each communicate in an effective way to give everyone a voice.
- Haven’t reinvented the process. The difference is they are not working in silos.
- Once you have the clarity within a team, you have the power to do what the team wants to do.
- How to be a transformative principal?
- Ask faculty, how can we work together in a way where we are going deeper with kids.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey