Christopher is a principal at Whitman Hansen Regional High School.
- Transitioning to a new high school.
- A new position gives you the opportunity to reflect on where you want to go and who you want to go.
- Sharing yourself first.
- I’m not a student-centered principal!
- I’m a staff-centered principal.
- Build staff meetings around getting to know each other.
- Building relationships
- Every day, with some exceptions, I’m in classrooms giving feedback to teachers.
- Out in front playing music with kids.
- Using Voxer to give immediate feedback and face-to-face meetings.
- Three simple questions: What’s working? What do I need to stop doing? What can I do to make your life better or easier?
- Start by supporting, then you engage them, then you empower them.
- A good leader is a servant leader.
- A good leader becomes a better leader by making others more successful.
- Clear the road for others.
- Experience is so important and we have to fail to keep learning.
- We don’t know how good we can be.
- Every student leaving the high school with something in their pocket to prepare them for the next level.
- Key components of S1 to raise failing grade to passing grade.
- Empowering teachers to give kids hope and keep integrity of the grades.
- Teachers choose most important units and then give kids an opportunity to make things happen.
- 92% of the kids who did winter school passed the year-long course.
- Summer Read Smackdown!
- Interdisciplinary days - kids don’t come back to a test on the book.
- How to be a transformative principal? Get into classrooms and give honest feedback to teachers so you can have a conversation with them.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey