In part two of my interview with Jordan Collier, we dive into his plan for observations. Really informative stuff, and a good plan for any administrator.
- Observations - daily schedule.
- Jordan focuses on helping teachers when doing observations.
- Attempting to alleviate fears of observations by building relationships.
- How to facilitate a role-play to help teachers see what it is like to do an observation.
- How a two-minute conversation can change a teacher’s practice.
- The importance of set meeting times with teachers to talk about what they are doing.
- The schedule process.
- The greatest compliment in the world, “You’re never in your office.”
- Trying to get kids to think you are following them because you are in their classes so often.
- You have arrived when you are being invited to teachers’ classrooms.
- How to have the positive conversation and still focus on improvement.
- Dealing with uncomfortable situations.
- Freaky Friday folder.
- Staff Culture Check! Sign up fo
- Leverage Leadership
- Looking for consistency for staff culture check.
- Friday newsletter.
- What you can do to be a transformative principal like Jordan: Be obnoxiously positive about your school.
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey