May 17, 2015
Today, I am honored to interview Anne Beninghof Twitter. Anne is an expert
at coteaching and consults with districts about it.
In this episode, we talk about the following:
- What is coteaching?
- How little things become problematic
- Paraprofessionals in the classroom
- Resources on her web site
- How to introduce teachers to the idea of coteaching
- Choosing partners
- Needs for teachers working together: Flexible personalities,
common planning time, common philosophies about teaching and
- Expectation about actually using planning time.
- Try to avoid a divorce in the coteaching relationship
- Co teachers Need a coach.
- Specific structures and procedures help coteaching
- Tap into teachers’ unique skill sets
- One-minute formative assessments
- 65% of class time spent in something other than whole
- Last couple minutes specialist takes lead
- Parallel grouping
- Professional learning & communication is a constant
- 9 models of coteaching.
- Duet model
- Parallel model
- Lead and support model
- Other 7 models are ingredients
- Don’t let students play one teacher against another
- Ratios: no more than 30% of students on IEPs
- Plan approach for talking to parents about coteaching
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Ready for a Modern Web Site for your school? Simple School Sites
is the place to go for high quality Wordpress sites specially
designed for schools.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com