Jason Glass is the superintendent of Jeffco Public Schools
- 85,000 students on the west side of Denver, Colorado.
- Lots of great people in the district.
- Community is politically divided 1/3 democrats, 1/3 independent, 1/3 republican
- When it comes to our kids, it should be an area where everyone can work together.
- PBS Documentary about the Jeffco recall
- Things that disturb the balance here get noticed
- How do we prepare the students for the right future.
- Green Mountain Youtube Video
- Changing the student experience through changing the student task
- Information is really easy to acquire.
- Problem and project-based learning across the entire organization
- Three categories of practitioners: those who have always taught in authentic: Allow those teachers to be influencers.
- Second group is those who see the changes and are willing to engage but don’t know how: provide lots of opportunities for them to see what it looks like.
- Third group: waiting to see if this is a fad.
- How do you inspire your leadership to do these things as well?
- This is simultaneously the easiest and most difficult change to make.
- “This is exactly why I got into education”
- Really hard because this is not a technical change
- Much deeper and more meaningful change approach.
- Have the changes really changed what students experience
- how to be a transformative principal? Principals can support, encourage and help a teacher take a risk to create an authentic meaningful approach for a student.
- @cojasonglass Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey