Communicating to Create Happy Families with Jennifer Larson Transformative Principal 290
Social media: If you have a good communication system and everyone is engaged, there’s a positive buzz to the school.
Jennifer Larson is he co-founder and CEO of Hive Digital Minds, which provides parent-school communication solutions through schoolbzz.com
- Completely overwhelmed
- Couldn’t keep up.
- Shift towards personalized learning means there are a lot of different adults supporting a student.
- “I don’t even read the newsletter anymore.”
- Parents want to know what the two or three places for information.
- Grades communication is an important part of it as well.
- School website is a great marketing tool to recruit students, teachers, and families to your school.
- Figure out what information you want to share with the public and put that on the web site.
- Find tools that work well for your enrolled families.
- Build a communication strategy that gets information to the families quickly and efficiently.
- Do a communication audit to see what you are currently using.
- Which have information that parents might want access to.
- Need to implement a multi-year strategy.
- Talk to your parents.
- When schools jump into parent engagement, they are probably meeting the needs of those who were already having their needs met.
- Challenges around native languages spoken.
- Focus on mobile.
- Recognize that not all parents can be there physically at the school.
- Parent engagement is about making sure the families understand the value of education.
- Volunteer hours.
- Parents want to be engaged but they don’t know how.
- If you have a good communication system and everyone is engaged, there’s a positive buzz to the school.
- If you have happy families at your school, there is no other better testimonial.
- How to be a transformative principal? It all comes down to communication. Connect with each of your staff members and parents.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey