Jun 2, 2019
Brittni Schroeder is the founder of Compassion Clubs, dedicated to the
memory of her late son who passed away tragically at the age of
- Started with a scholarship fund for students.
- Received hundreds of cards and letters from people who cared
- The “Can Man”
- People wanted to be with our family.
- “We only suffer when we think about ourselves.” - Tony
- We have to serve. That’s how we heal.
- Gave kids pizzas and told them to sit with kids who didn’t have
anyone sitting with them.
- Elementary and secondary curriculum.
- Secondary the kids lead it.
- Elementary is teacher/counselor/parent run.
- If they don’t know how to serve and think outside of themselves
they are going to have a rough adult life.
- 12 different values: compassion, kindness, gratitude, charity,
- Teach about the value, share a story, then serve.
- Teenagers don’t seem to have coping skills.
- Nominate kids for scholarships and grants.
- My son’s legacy is compassion.
- Most successful club in Michigan.
- How to be a transformative principal? Look for those kids that
need to belong.