Jan 20, 2019
Kelly Young is the Executive Director at Education Reimagined, where they
seek to help educators create a learner-centered learning
- Non profit in Washington, D.C. that figures out how we can
accelerate the transition from school-centered to
- All kids and outcomes that are actually relevant.
- A whole new way of seeing education.
- Learning is a natural phenomenon.
- Unfurl students’ unique potential.
- Shifting from the transfer of knowledge to the investigation of
- Einstein National Geographic.
- Asking teachers about passionate learning experiences that they
- Had people that cared about them and what they learned.
- Great learning experiences rarely happen in a classroom
- Relevant to what kids need to learn.
- Why is it so hard for educators to let this go?
- It’s what we experienced and what we know.
- Maybe there is something wrong with me.
- When you’re really struggling with a student, ask what might I
do differently and what role can the kids take in fixing the
- It always feels risky to invite kids into the
- Iowa BIG - architecture project.
- He didn’t have the words to describe what he was missing.
a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you
feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish
everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours:
ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
of your email
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey