Sep 20, 2020
Cory Henwood is
the Innovation Coordinator for Iron County Schools, founder of
- What Launch HS is? How students demonstrate mastery.
- There are systemic barriers that prevent people from taking
- Lots of groundwork laid for this.
- Partnerships are really important.
- How is your partnership with SUU designed?
- How Launch HS got started.
- What skills do kids need to be successful?
- Start with 8 innovative skills for students to learn.
- State grants that support innovative approaches.
- One way to meet students where they’re at is to do competency
- Design challenges that integrate curricular content and
highlight entrepreneurial skills.
- Work with local businesses.
- 50% or more of time is dedicated to design challenges.
- Authentic Work
- How to be a transformative principal? use design thinking to
help people know how to make decisions.