Jan 6, 2019
is the principal of Johnnsburg Elementary School.
- Principal of every grade level in K-12
- Why Bridget joined the mastermind.
- I’m always just starting out, even in my 12th year.
- Makes me reflect on things that I have experienced.
- I can give recommendations or experiences that helped me.
- I do have some very specific goals for my career, and I get
those through the mastermind.
- Intimacy of it, we all have time each week to share what we are
- GRIT Program - Greatness Requires Internal Toughness.
- A team of 10 teachers developed the lessons.
- There is a new series of lessons for each grade level.
- We talk about Goal Setting, Perseverance, Overcoming Obstacles,
Reflection, Growth Mindset, Etc.
- Talk about brain research and famous failures.
- Teachers buy into it more when we create it.
- Year 1 was very easy, all the lessons look the same.
- Year 2 was a little more challenging with fresh approach and
- Year 3 is really challenging.
- Teachers have t-shirts Got GRIT?
- If I fail, I’ll be OK. I’ll just try it a different way!
- Restorative practices - Problem-solving skills
- Working through frustrations with kids.
- Make sure our practice matches what we’re preaching.
- Are we giving kids chances to show that the “Yet” part?
- How to be a transformative principal? Reminding yourself that
you’re all in this together. Making sure that your staff believes
a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you
feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish
everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours:
ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
of your email
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey