Apr 21, 2019
Mike Fisher author
of Hacking Instructional Design. Shoutout to @elizabethfisher
- All this stuff that is eating up teachers’ time to plan.
- Easier to just purchase a program or a plan.
- Shift focus to contemporary instructional design.
- Why is it so hard to move away from
- Decision paralysis. So many decisions to make that we don’t
know what to do.
- How well we need to design assessments.
- Standards, resources, external assessments.
- The What - standards
- The How - activities
- The How Well? - assessments.
- Tripticks from AAA
- Trying things out - gives you some freedom.
- Being a lead learner is pushed aside to get things done.
- Right-sizing the work. Allow students to be cocreators in
- Breaking the standard into manageable bits for teachers and for
- Learning targets “standard statement“ with I can in front of
- Help students have high level of mastery.
- Kids do not care about your grades!
- Let them be accountable to each other and accountable to the
- How to be a transformative Principal? Invite conversation,
collaboration. How do we remain loyal to the learner and