Jan 1, 2017
Dr. Stephen Sroka
(Twitter grew up
in poverty and is now an educator and keynote speaker. Be sure to
check out his great YouTube
- Drugs and alcohol exposure to kids.
- Perceived risk of harm is minimized because of
- Addiction rate doubles when kids use marijuana and alcohol in
high school or before.
- The reality is that you don’t know if it is a gateway
- Marijuana is not good for the adolescent brain.
- If you get addicted to opiates in high school, you will likely
- Focus on coping skills to help them deal with life.
- Give kids options. What do you want to get high on?
- Trauma-informed strategies for students.
- Predictors of success: when every staff member learns every
- If you don’t have relationships, kids won’t trust you and kids
won’t do what you ask.
- What can we do to be a transformative Principal? Know kids by
name. Honest, humor, hope. Look and Listen. Smile and Say Hi to
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey