Invitation Only Parent Teacher Conferences with Jay Posick Transformative Principal 254
Social Media: If you’re sitting in your office, trouble is going to come find you so you might as well go find it!
Jay Posick is principal of Merton Intermediate school in Merton Wisconsin
- How our culture came to be here in Merton.
- Weekly nuts and bolts emails “Good Morning Merton Family“
- Take care of kids…
- Connect with people face to face.
- There aren’t silver bullets.
- Get out of your office.
- If you’re sitting in your office, trouble is going to come find you so you might as well go find it!
- 3 all-staff meetings each year that I’m in charge of.
- First agenda item on grade level meetings is kids.
- There are times as educators where we focus more on the negative than on the positive
- Recognize kids that are going above and beyond.
- Be kind, be safe, do your job.
- Good news call of the day. #mertonproud
- Finding ways to recognize kids.
- Find a way for teachers to share more with others.
- Mark French came up with the idea.
- Have a positive phone call at the end of the week.
- Ordinary to you, amazing to everyone else.
- Invitation only conferences
- Pat on the back or a kick in the butt!
- Building Leadership Team.
- More on invitation only conferences.
- Great things, challenges, great things.
- How to be a transformative principal? Get out of your office!
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey