Jan 15, 2017
Zaretta Hammond is the author of Culturally Responsive Teaching
and the Brain: Promoting Authentic Engagement and Rigor for
Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students.
- Second phase - building capacity of teachers.
- Learning partnerships.
- We can’t learn when we don’t trust.
- How to quickly build trust through trust generators.
- Selective vulnerability.
- Social pain and physical pain are equal as far as the brain is
- Power of acknowledging students out in the community.
- Culturally responsive teaching isn’t about just
- We have the relationship so the teacher can push when the
learning gets hard.
- 4 cultural learning tools.
- Understand there is a common thread through most cultures -
- Individualism vs. Collectivism - figuring out a problem
- This is not a subject area you need to tackle, but something
that you need to bring into the meeting.
- World cafe - strategy for teacher discussion.
- How to be a transformative principal? Facilitative leadership.
How do you create an agenda that is equity focused?
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey