Apr 27, 2014
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
I was super excited to interview Chris Wejr. He is one of those
principals that I have been following for a long time and his take
on discipline and behavior is inspiring.
- Moving from a lower SES school to a higher SES school.
- If kids are driven by rewards, then they are across all
- It is very easy to go too far with rewards, and focus only on
providing rewards for kids to “get us through the day.”
- The problem with determining how to properly implement
- The complexities of correcting a student’s behavior by giving
them a reward when they behave correctly.
- How important it is to have sense of belonging to help students
avoid negative behaviors.
- Strategies to help students who struggle with negative behavior
overcome those struggles.
- It sometimes takes 2 years to get kids to overcome their
- How to buy yourself some time to make decisions and help get
through the day to make sure you help kids who are struggling.
- The bouncy ball trick that worked for me every time after I
- The difference between a program and a system.
This is a great interview. Chris is amazing!