Feb 5, 2017
Karine Veldhoen, M. Ed. is the founder of Learn Forward and a creative force in
education. She’s also the Chief Learning Officer at Willowstone
Academy, the CEO/Founder of Niteo Africa, a former Education
Consultant for Fresh Grade and a modern day pilgrim.
Learn Forward represents a lifetime of her professional study,
action research, and meaning-making within the context of
education. Driven by her passion for making a difference in the
lives of others, Karine’s been exploring the most important
journeys of children through serving as the Chief Learning Officer
at Willowstone Academy for the last 10 years and as an educator for
over 20 years. In her talks about the transformation of
education, she emphasizes the importance of cultivating a
connection between school and home and uses the Table of Learning
as a metaphor for where we can begin. Twitter @Learn_forward
- What do children need universally?
- The need is endless. Human need is endless.
- Matching our greatest gift to fulfilling the human need.
- Refined self-care.
- Design a self-care plan.
- Using design-thinking process.
- Designing for thriving.
- Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly practices
- Success of morning routine depends on setting yourself up for
success the night before.
- It’s not perfect, sometimes nights are rough.
- When it does work well, it is awesome.
- If you have a spouse, take time each
- Power of Habit by Charles
- GTD by David Allen.
- Review days on Friday.
- Review upcoming dates for the week on Friday.
- Teachers are doing the heroic work, leave on Friday and go home
- Empowering our team of teachers in their work is incredibly
- They need information and communication to do that well.
- Monthly routines reflect on what goals were achieved.
- The 12 Week Year by Brian
- Michael Hyatt’s Free
to Focus Course
- Visioning Retreat yearly with spouse - Nest
Building for Parents
- How to be a Transformative Principal? WIN: do What’s Important
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you
feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish
everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours:
ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your
group coaching program
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey