May 15, 2016
Suburban district with 300 students, 16,000 in district
Pre-K–4th. 5 years, 21 years in 14 years as a principal
sparkoflearning.blogspot.com teacher blog
http://wennstromweekly.blogspot.com parent blog
PBIS school, 7 Habits of highly effective students, Positive
phone calls, student led announcements, PSAs. Class Dojo, 23% ELLs
- School-wide meetings.
- PBIS school.
- Monthly, student of the month meetings.
- Stephen Covey’s 7 habits
- 3 to be pledge, respectful, responsible, safe
- Poster contests for that
- 90–95% parent attendance rate for kids who are students of the
- Weekly meeting.
- Sunrise and sunset meetings.
- Goal: build community
- Sean Gallard
- Doesn’t a weekly meeting take away a lot of instructional
- Increase time-on-task
- Support staff who help K students get ready.
- Videos for students, less than 3 minutes.
- Stephen Covey’s 7 habits for highly
- Art teacher creates a canvas to help students showcase their
- Importance of including parents.
- Positive phone calls on a daily basis.
- Class dojo process - classroom wall (like a Facebook
- Parent program for Love and Logic.
- Process for parent phone calls.
66 day challenge
- Youth making a difference
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey