Michelle Snyder@mlsnyder92 Vista Visions academy
- Students have set lab times so they come in for special events.
- Students in a lab with 5 or six students
- Whether or not they are required to do the labs is up for debate, but it is good for kids to have the experience.
- What kinds of students are attracted to your school?
- Their reasons vary, but they each have a very specific reason for coming.
- If they hadn’t found us, they would have gone outside the district to a charter school
- Big picture learning. Upstream collaborative.
- Learning through interests (LTI) student internship program
- Teaching skills for seeking out their own internship.
- Parents often speaking for their kids and how do we help parents.
- Takes a lot for parents to be able to step back when they
- How to build for scale for this program.
- Looking at things from a dollars and cents point of view.
- We’re not the same system as a regular school, so we need to look at what’s actually happening to see what we need to do to help them.
- Every Friday afternoon we have collaboration and PD.
- Individual Student Support Spreadsheet to record notes of students.
- Touchstone - morning meeting with staff to see how everyone is doing.
- Always looking at other options for kids.
- How to be a transformative principal? Ask questions of their staff and listen to their answers.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey