Apr 22, 2018
Shreffler is the host of Planning Period Podcast, Teacher, and
Tech Coach in Orlando, Florida. He is also an author and his web
site is here.
Thanks to our sponsor: candou.us/jethro
- Planning period podcast - How do we fix problems?
- What is the biggest problem facing education today?
- Truly a challenge to answer, and many different answers.
- Recognize that it could be better, but still work in what it
- What teachers need in professional development.
- Why is modeling so difficult for leaders of professional
- Leaders haven’t been in the classroom for many years, so they
are out of practice.
- Different skill set to do the same strategies.
- PD has become a dirty word.
- The first time you do an innovative model, it will fail
- Classroom management vs. engaging learners.
- I refuse to lecture to my teachers about the importance of not
lecturing to kids.
- Flipped PD model - record what you need to tell them, then meet
- “This is the next thing and it will be gone.”
- Inherent resistance to new things.
- Struggle through the challenge.
- It didn’t work yet.
- Stomach through the fear of failure.
- Have an administrator who is willing to give the feedback.
- You have to push for the feedback.
- I just don’t take myself seriously enough to get offended.
- How to teach someone to have an overinflated ego.
- Build them up.
- Education is fundamentally broken.
- If people aren’t annoyed by what I’m doing, then I’m probably
not doing something worthwhile.
- How to be a transformative principal? Find the person who wants
to change the world and give them the freedom to do it.
a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you
feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish
everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours:
ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
of your email
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey