Jul 28, 2014
My (former) school district recently hired a new superintendent,
and I was able to sit down and chat with him. I think he is just
what the district needs and I am really excited for what he will
bring to the table. We talked about the following:
- Where Dr. Briscoe got his start in education and in
- His diverse experience as a leader of schools that were from
incredibly high-achieving to greatly struggling.
- Engaging in the community by being involved in community issues
(building new police station, hospital, etc.)
- The political struggles that lead Dr. Briscoe to retirement
from his school district.
- Why he felt like Canyons School District was a good match for
- Why it is so important to be out and about and seen.
- How to build trust. Time.
- What happened in the past, is in the past. Let’s not worry
- The culture he wants to create: Trust & Collaboration.
- Honoring the past.
- How he measures the success of his superintendency, not to be
confused with his job description.
- Why that measure of success is so important.
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey