Larry Villiard is the principal of a K-12 school in Bruce Wisconsin.
- Larry has been there since 1995
- Moved from a junior high school to a middle school.
- About 500 students
- 2 classes per grade
- Middle school has a separate schedule from everyone else. Extended core classes 80 minutes long.
- The staff is the key to making kids successful.
- How has the PLC approach helped you.
- Took ideas from the staff to make it successful. Transitions getting kids moving around more.
- Give kids 20 minutes of homework time during the class period.
- Lengthened class periods decreased ODRs.
- A small little man can't make all the decisions.
- People couldn't believe that people just went about their business when they visited the school.
- In one school year, we lost superintendent and elementary principal. I was going to be moved out of my comfort zone.
- They came back like new staff, like new people.
- A PLC cannot be a set of meetings!
- A PLC has to become your culture.
- Take what is working best and eliminate what is not working.
- Data Days 3 times per year - drives all interventions
- Were dead last in our achievement and now are in 1st place.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey