May 19, 2019
Michael Reichert is an
applied and research psychologist who has long been an advocate for
children and families. From counseling youth involved in the
juvenile justice system through experiences leading treatment teams
in a psychiatric hospital, all the while managing an independent
clinical practice, Dr. Reichert has tested his understanding of
children with practical, even life-saving, challenges.
- Every single kind of problem was transformed based on
- It’s the adult’s job to be the relationship manager.
- Live up to your goals.
- Relational breakdowns.
- How do we promote the relationship between the boy and the
- Breakdowns happen all the time.
- It’s the responsibility of the relationship manager to monitor
whether it has broken down.
- The boy that simply checks out and underperforms.
- Book I Can Learn From You:
Boys as Relational Learners
- I won’t learn from you
- You may have to develop new skills out of your repertoire to
- Every type of boy can be reached.
- When a teacher reaches their end of their rope, they need to
reach out for their help.
- You recognize that this is really challenging and it is
frustrating. You have the power to change this boy’s life, and I
know it is hard, If you can bear with him and continue to check in
with him, you can reach him.
- How to be a transformative principal? Understand that you are
asking your teachers to do this emotional work and validate the
challenge that it is while saying boys are relational learners
a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you
feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish
everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours:
ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
of your email
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey