Social Media 259: Students choose a topic they want to study, and ask the teacher to help them understand that culture’s values.
Joel Lavin is the principal of River Road / El Camino Del Rio
- Teachers that put up welcome signs that were edgy.
- Opinion piece following the vandalism.
- Discussing racism head-on.
- Being inclusive not exclusive
- Equity committee that meets to discuss culture, morale, language barriers, etc.
- Support students that are not documented immigrants, but make sure that their rights are preserved.
- Students choose a topic they want to study, and ask the teacher to help them understand that culture’s values.
- How the mastermind benefits Joel.
- How to be a transformative principal? Get in a lot of steps to be out in your school!
- Dual Language Principal Katherine
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey