Kelly Young is the Executive Director at Education Reimagined, where they seek to help educators create a learner-centered learning environment.
- What happens when kids don’t learn the same thing!?
- It is a myth that just because things are being taught that all students are all learning the same thing.
- Kids are not learning the same things now even though we may be teaching the same thing now.
- What are the competencies that kids need to have?
- Once kids get over the fear, they realize they have a lot to say.
- All of your learning is not going to be in K12
- Inspire life-long learning
- Equity issues
- Examining what bias we might be bringing.
- This process of education is incredibly liberating for educators.
- How to be a transformative principal? 2 things: 1. Listening and being a team with the educators 2. Actually asking 5 young people and five teachers what it is like for them in the school.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey