Part two of my interview with Sam LeDeaux. You’re going to love it. Here is his blog
- How to balance the need for caring about the teacher with meeting the demands of the state and evaluation system. Evaluation in two simple steps
- Perspective of evaluation “your performance” vs. “service to kids”.
- I want teachers to invite me in for lessons that could go any way and possibly be really different.
- Leaders, strive to be the weak link
- How Twitter has changed his practice. Parents want to observe the classroom to ensure they like what is happening only when you are not transparent.
- Dedicating entire days to being in classrooms, while still managing requirements of his job. The more I am out and about, the less things there will be that pin me in my office. Goal: 8 full days in the class per month.
- Sharing what he learns and fails at with the staff.
- Inspiring Twitterers: @gcouros @justintarte @8amber8, chats, and anyone who is willing to share something is really inspiring.
- How to be a transformative principal: be patiently perseverant.
- What inspires him: his son, is he meeting his son’s expectations for school, because all his students are his sons and daughters!
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey