Heather Staker is a former Mckenzie Consultant and coauthor of the book Blended Learning: Using Disruptive Innovation to Improve Schools.
Download the “Getting Clear on Technology Purchases” guide.
- Senior in High School as a state school board member
- Reasonable and balanced voice that represents the whole.
- Interested and well-versed in innovation
- Clayton Christensen Center for Disruptive Innovation
- It’s not just efficiency, it’s common sense to give kids information at their pace.
- Agency is so important.
- Disrupting Class
- Actin Academy program for core skills.
- 7 types of blended learning
- What challenges do we still face?
- Schools lead with 1:1 announcements.
- How to address 1:1 issues?
- Lead with a very clear plan for how they use online learning.
- District and vendor level must prevent teachers from having to be the tech wizard.
- Help teachers to reimagine their role.
- Factory model settings do not give teachers the opportunity to do increase the humanity that can be in our schools.
- Mentors and tutors for each child.
- Not getting to deep work?
- Station rotations can prevent this. Not every blended learning model is perfect.
- How to create higher performing classrooms in 7 moves.
- Younger ages, recommended 20 minutes max per day on screens.
- “Certain children“ aren’t capable, but every child can learn
- It’s the adults. We get in our own way.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey