Mary Wegner is the Superintendent of Sitka Schools 1250 students.
- League of Innovative Schools.
- Is there support for innovation at a district level? Is the superintendent someone who can contribute to the national pool of leaders.
- Make learning group, competency based education.
- Monthly meetings to share and collaborate together on what needs to be done well in the area of focus.
- How to narrow down and focus on initiatives as a leader.
- Empowering student voice and choice.
- Rather than figure out by trial, we figure out by expertise.
- You must be an excellent talent scout.
- What are the unique contributions each teacher has to support kids? Give them a microphone.
- Whole system.
- How to be a transformative leader? Listen. Put systems in place so things are working well.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey