Sam LeDeaux is a principal at a K–5 school in metropolitan Chicago. His forté is working well with his parents and staff.
- 62 staff members and 869 parents working together to make things happen!
- Learning that people “somewhere” doing things were actually people who were doing these things right around him.
- Twitter and Social networking have been incredibly transformative and empowering. [#mannschool](https://twitter.com/MsKCairns/status/497443796661960704)
- Transparency is what makes him effective.
- Parents suggest and respond to ways to make his school better through social media.
- We can grow in ways that we never before thought was possible.
- Continuous sharing and positive collaboration makes technology transformative.
- You don’t need to have common planning periods to have time to collaborate.
- How to balance the difficult issues with being transparent.
- It is not about personal performance, it is about service to kids.
- When it is seen as a personal attack, you shut down when you are evaluated. When you see it as improving service to kids, you don’t get upset.
- Peer observations - invite and show the value.
- We do not let schedules get in our way of improving and service to students.
- What is the purpose of peer observations?
- Evaluations should be about growth.
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey