Dr. Clement served nine years as the superintendent of Flowing Wells School District in Tucson, Arizona. Following his retirement in 2013, Dr. Clement was appointed to the Ernest McFarland Citizen’s Chair in Education by the dean of the College of Education at Northern Arizona University. In this endowed, full-time faculty position, Dr. Clement is responsible for teaching and advocating for education throughout Arizona and the nation.
- Legendary Teacher Day: Sept 27, 2018 Sign up for this free event to recognize your amazing teachers! 4th Thursday in September - stop and think of that teacher, and contact them if you can!
- How did I get here?
- It wasn’t by chance.
- I got to this position because of a couple of great teachers.
- They never once verbally encouraged me to go into teaching, but they were modeling my career!
- What am I going to do now? Elevate the profession with my own resources and skills.
- Open resources
- Partnering with businesses is an opportunity to recognize and reward their school.
- Goal is that in 10 years that it is part of our culture.
- Three tenets of a legendary teacher: building relationships, engaging deeply with students, and creating high expectations.
- What’s the perfect teacher?
- Starts with relationships. Active participation - engagement - enrollment.
- how to be a transformative principal? Pick a class and substitute.
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey