erase email insanity!
Sharyle Karren has been a principal for the last 22 years! She has
a lot of experience and this interview is a really great
opportunity to learn from a great principal about how much she has
helped students over the years.
In this interview, we talk about the following:
- Her history as a principal and some of
the trials she went through.
- The common theme through her
experiences is that she had a positive attitude and knew that the
people she worked with were amazing individuals.
- How she opened a new school, her
- Establishing positive community
- How she went to each local
organization and “dug her roots into the community”.
- How she established walking field
trips to further establish a positive community relationship.
- How she manages intern principals. She
has a great balance of allowing interns to make decisions, but
making sure that they know that they need to talk to her. She gives
them an opportunity to learn, but allows them the authority to make
- What things she keeps for herself and
refuses to delegate to her AP or interns.
- Challenges associated with training
interns and Assistants.
- How she establishes relationships with
schools that are close by.