Jeff Kubiak is a principal in Davis, California.
- Didn’t really like school growing up.
- Pushed to be an administrator by his now-superintendent.
- One of the most diverse counties in the United States.
- MAP assessment closely related to state test.
- Much more small group instruction and intervention. MAP skills tied in with Khan Academy.
- Reclaiming our child by Brad Gustafson.
- Technology makes it possible
- It might be a little bit loud, but I can still have my kids in the back, and we can be rocking!
- Have a hard time having videos to show my teachers.
- Encourage teachers to go check out other teachers’ classrooms.
- Students set goals with teachers.
- Start with why.
- Then add the what.
- How to help teachers change
- Lots of PD - how to have a MAP goal setting conference with students.
- Approach each teacher with how it will work for them.
- We ask 800 kids to change every day! Why can’t we as adults make one little adjustment?
- We don’t gossip.
- How to be a transformative principal? Get into all the classrooms. Gotta get out of the office!
Schedule a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours: Create your ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your life!
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.
Take Control of your email
Transformative Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey