Dec 17, 2017
Jerry Snow is a District Administrator and former high school
and middle school principal. piedmont.k12.al.us contact information
is there. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team time, class time, my time
- Class time - social studies, math, etc.
- Show mastery - what does that look like.
- My time - 3 days a week, you work on the lowest area. Souped up
- If you’re caught up on pace, work on what you want.
- 2 days a week you work on ILPs
- Team Time - looping with kids 6-8th grade. Goal setting,
character education, team building activities, Student-led
- Kids come up with the ways they do better.
- Mastery looks like: mimic ACT aspire certain percentage of
level 3 DOK.
- 2 types of grades
- A numeric grade (0-100, A-F)
- MasteryConnect - mastery report where students are at.
- Need to show mastery at 80% first time to get 100%.
- Teaching parents that mastery is what is really important, but
still keep grades to make sense of it all.
- Pacing - kids can go as fast as they want, but they have to
keep a minimum pace to keep kids up.
- Schedule 8 period day, science and math were paired up.
Teachers can trade kids.
- How to be a transformative principal? Be a better
a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you
feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish
everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours:
ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
of your email
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey