Apr 7, 2019
Byron Darnall is the
principal of Potter Gray Elementary School in Bowling Green
- Long term sustainable change is slow.
- How do you improve something that is already successful?
- Examine the student experience.
- Who’s school is it?
- As educators we tend to operate from the center.
- Busyness is the disease of our time.
- How are you? Busy! <-bothersome
- “I would love to, but I’m too busy.“
- Am I too busy to get better?
- How to be less busy?
- Every day shouldn’t lead to absolute exhaustion.
- There is nothing easy about it, but we have to be open to
finding someone we trust to give us good feedback about our time
- Systems thinking - not exposed to it as a teacher or
- Centralize school-wide communication through a blog. If it
matters, it is on the blog.
- If it can’t be said in 1-2 sentences, it’s a conversation.
- How to be a transformative principal? Talk to your students and
ask them questions.
a call with Jethro
Are you feeling like you are always behind at school? Do you
feel like you need about 2 more hours each day to accomplish
everything? Here’s how I help principals work manageable hours:
ideal week, so that you can leave work at work and enjoy your
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in
iTunes or on
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and
Buy Communication Cards
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
of your email
Principal on Stitcher
Refer A Principal
Best Tools for Busy Administrators Survey