May 25, 2015
Today I am interviewing Assistant Principal, Entreprenuer, Father, and Hot Mess, Brendan Hufford (Twitter)!
Thea Bowman Leadership Academy - only successful school in Gary, Indiana.
OKkimonos.com and Entrepreneurs and Coffee Podcast are a
couple side gigs that Brendan has going on.
* Gary, Indiana is a struggling city, but full of amazing people.
* Showing trust to students
* Leading with trust - people want to give back trust when you give it to them.
* It’s not as easy to build relationships as an admin than it is to build relationships as a teacher.
* If you care about the students, they’ll do what you need them to do.
* When you get frustrated, your care is the first to go away.
* Kids aren’t afraid of things happening in the school that make them unsafe, they are likely afraid of things happening on the way to or from school that make them feel unsafe.
* Resting vs. sleeping.
* Getting up at 3 am helps him be his best.
* Need to teach entrepreneurism to help US compete globally.
* The War of Art by Stephen Pressfield
* College vs. Entrepreneurism.
* College Bubble is going to Burst - College is a great chance to mature, party, and have fun. If you want to go to college for an actual education, you are overpaying.
* Entrepreneurism is not for everybody.
Please take a moment to rate this podcast in iTunes or on Stitcher.
Ready for a Modern Web Site for your school? Simple School Sites is the place to go for high quality Wordpress sites specially designed for schools.
Please follow me on Twitter: @jethrojones for the host and @TrnFrmPrincipal for the show.
Show notes on TransformativePrincipal.com
Download Paperless Principal.